SKY GYM AERIAL YOGA
COSTA RICA 2019
WHEN, WHERE AND WHAT ARE THE BASICS?
Date: January 4-12, 2019
Location: Dominical, Costa Rica!
Sky Gym is offering a 30 hour aerial yoga teacher training program!
Learn about teaching, cueing, anatomy and alignment, asana benefits and contraindications, spotting and rescue, rigging and equipment, sequencing and progressions, the history and business of aerial yoga, yoga philosophy, integrating breath and energetic focus, and deepening the connection.
Amber Monson of Sky Gym has over ten years and two thousand hours of aerial yoga teaching experience. She is a lead trainer for one of the few nationally recognized aerial teacher training programs in the country. She is a 200 RYT and is recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
The program includes:
Manual with sample lesson plans and scripts
100 asanas with photos and video resources
Classroom, experiential and practicum hours
Mentorship, Observation and Assisting
Evaluation, Feedback, and Certification*
*Certification based on completing all program requirements and passing final evaluation
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Airfare from Atlanta to Costa Rica
Airfare is not included in the price but usually ranges from $350-550 ATL>SJO at full price. $550 is a direct flight.
Early Bird Discount
$2150 is the Early Bird price until SEPTEMBER 5th!
Get that deposit $500 (50% refundable)in for the Early Bird discount!
$2300 SEPTEMBER 6th Until October 25th - Tier 2 rate.
$2450 October 25- December 25th - Tier 3 rate.
Pricing is for two guests per room, solo rooms are available for surcharge.
Bring a Friend Discount
Have a friend that’s interested in the adventure too? $2150 through December with yours and a friends deposit of $500 (50% refundable)
You’ll both enjoy the Early Bird discount and have an opportunity to room together.
YOUR FULL BALANCE MUST BE RECEIVED
NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 25TH, 2019
COOL! HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Send your FULL BALANCE or $500 deposit to
(paypal as a friend, check, or venmo available) to secure your Early Bird Discount!
Pay by checks: Mail a check of $500 for deposit or the remainder of your balance to:
Dances In Air
3505 Old Ivy Ln NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
Paypal: Same deposit and balances, please try to avoid fees (paypal as a friend) to
Venmo: Same deposit and balances to @dancesinair
FULL BALANCE MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 1ST 2019
TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE.
WHY TRAIN IN COSTA RICA?
• Costa Rica is a Blue Zone! Blue Zones are regions of the world where people live much longer than average. Residents of these places produce a high rate of centenarians, suffer a fraction of the diseases that commonly kill people in other parts of the developed world, and enjoy more years of good health. The people inhabiting Blue Zones share common lifestyle characteristics that contribute to their longevity.
• Pura Vida! If there is anything that will teach us to chill out, it is immersion in Pura Vida lifestyle. As soon as you land in the plane, you will notice that the culture says SLOW DOWN! Figure out what is important, and get in balance!!!
• You just can’t make the time and keep focus in your own city life. Costa Rica always teaches us what is the most important for our happiness. She has a way of making us slow down and listen to the birds, meditate with the waves, and marvel at the earth’s beauty. There’s a magic in the jungle that causes us to reflect on our own lives and what really matters, and what we can leave behind. Leaving our life behind for a week can give us great focus and great insight!
• Wellness through the winter! If you live north of the state of Florida, you could use some Vitamin D in the winter! Just a week getaway can reduce seasonal mood disorder and help you combat the germs you come into contact with in busy city life!
• Warmth and moisture for winter bodies. Let’s take advantage of the heat and soak up the moisture with our skin and refresh from the dry heating in our winer homes. Moist heat is also great for healing muscles and many body pains can subside or heal in this environment. (besides, there’s great massages just a step away for $25-35!
• Fresh organic food and clean water! No kidding, the USA food supply is in a terrible state. The water isn’t as clean as we pretend either! You might drop 5 pounds of weight just because the food is actually organic and the water is actually clean! Otherwise, we will be eating some amazing food which will end up most likely cleansing the body anyway!
SOUNDS AWESOME, HOW DO WE GET THERE?
See the travel information on our FAQ! You will fly into an airport and get scooped up by our retreat guides! Door to door, you have nothing to worry about. However, traveling to Costa Rica requires a passport. The FAQ will outline all of this and we are happy to help you navigate the cheapest, most practical solutions.
WHAT DOES THE COST INCLUDE?
Most everything but airfare!
Comfortable transport to and from SJO Airport
Gorgeous, Comfortable Jungle Accommodations (2 people per room)
Aerial yoga teacher training classes in an on site, dedicated aerial and yoga outdoor studio
Manual with asanas with photos, sample lesson plans, sample script, and more
Classroom, experiential and practicum hours
Observation and Assisting opportunities
Evaluation and certification
Photography of your experience
Transport to all group activities
Unforgettable Excursion to Nauyauca Falls (and maybe even another excursion)
Relaxing Beach time in paradise.
Breakfasts with vegan and vegetarian options.
One other meal per day with vegan and vegetarian options.
Cost does NOT include..
Airfare to Costa Rica
One meal per day (usually $10-13)
Excursions and Travel costs not supervised through Dances in Air (personal adventures)
Alcohol and souvenirs
WHAT ARE THESE COMFORTABLE JUNGLE ACCOMMODATIONS?
Superior accommodations and simple, up-scale presentation. Rooms will air conditioning, room niceties and special retreat gifts.
Two beds are in all shared rooms, and private rooms are available upon request for a surcharge. There is also a pool on location, seating areas, and outdoor showers. This is one of our favorite Costa Rican locations!
HOW DO I PACK FOR THIS ADVENTURE?!
Pack your bags for a great time doing all the things you love! Pack light and bright, for a sunny time, for aerial training, and to look fabulous while you lounge by the pool, on the beach and make new friends everywhere.
Here’s our list of ‘must pack’ for this adventure:
Your US Passport (90 day Visa given on entry)
Personal Medicines/Prescriptions (there is a pharmacy and doctor nearby as well)
Headlamp / flashlight (a must for the jungle)
Swimsuits (at least 2)temperature is about 85 degrees, you will want to get wet three times daily for sure!
Sunscreen and Bug Spray
Hat/ umbrella/ scarf to keep cool and out of the sun
Adventure Shoes (Sneakers or Trekking Sandals) and Flip-Flops for beach
A closed toe shoe for hiking/ horseback and weary feet
Yoga/Aerial clothes (at least one per day- the humidity and heat will make silk burn more likely and worse- cover up in light fabrics!)
Summer Dresses or Casual Evening clothes (there are dinners and nightlife!)
A look for a photoshoot! poolside, in studio, or hanging from a tree... it'll happen!
Camera (But we got ya)
Note taking materials for classes.
It may be best to pack in backpacks rather than rolling suitcases for Costa Rican terrain.
An open mind and smiling face
200 RYTT recommended but not necessary* Recommended minimum 10 aerial yoga classes and 10 ground based yoga classes.